(Unfortunately, the West Michigan Glass Arts Center is closed to the public during a restructuring phase, and this package is not available until further notice) 10/1/2015
Warm Hearts, Fine Wine & Hot Glass ... $185
You'll begin to defrost...
The warming trend continues with a wine-tasting at Tempo Vino Winery in downtown Kalamazoo, where you'll sample hand-crafted wines, made in small batches from grapes grown in France, Italy, Germany, Australia, California -- and here in Michigan.
The red-hot finish...
The red-hot finish is the glass-blowing. It's darned near impossible to feel a chill when you're turning hot molten glass into a work of art in a 1600-degree "glory hole." Kalamazoo House will arrange for you to try your hand at the ancient art of glassblowing at the West Michigan Glass Art Center just a few blocks away, where the talented artists will guide you and your partner in the design and creation of a glass art piece that you can take home.
The warm-up continues...
If you've got the time and the inclination -- and even better, a group of like-minded friends -- why not let us arrange a party to make your own private-label wine with the help of the Tempo Vino's winemakers? With ten rooms, Kalamazoo House can accommodate up to 20 friends.
Each of you can choose whether to make a vase, a bowl, or a glass. You just can't overestimate the warm feeling you'll get every time you use this piece of art that you created yourself! Click here to see photos of some of our guests working with the hot glass.
So what's included in the WARM HEARTS package?
- The $185 package is in addition to two nights lodging at the Kalamazoo House -- Kalamazoo's premiere B&B inn. Individual room prices vary, but all include chocolate chip cookies and milk for you both before heading to bed each night, and a perfectly delicious candle-lit breakfast for two each morning.
- The package includes wine tasting for two at Tempo Vino Winery , plus a $20 merchandise gift certificate and complimentary mulling spices to take home.
- The package includes An Evening with Hot Glass for two at the West Michigan Glass Art Center.
And here's the inevitable fine print.
- Requires 2-night stay at the Kalamazoo House B&B. Why? Well, it's not recommended to work with hot glass after wine tasting, so you'll need some flexibility in scheduling! And it takes some time to cool your hot glass down enough to take home.
- Try to give us at least a week's notice to help you work out the details.
- Reservations, of course, are based on availability. Check our website, or give us a call.
- Pricing is for two, based on double occupancy. Of course, singles can do this too! Just call us.
- A wine-making party is at extra cost. Pick up a phone and we'll help with arrangements.
- If you've got more time, you can try bead-making or glass fusing too at the glass art center. Just let us know and we'll help you arrange it -- and they'll charge extra, of course. So call us!
- Because of annealing time for hot glass, your creations may not be ready to take home the next day so shipping might be required, depending upon the timing of your visit.