Please read and understand our policies.
- Upon receipt of your reservation, we will charge a deposit to your credit card.
- For a one or two night stay, the deposit is equivalent to one night's rate plus taxes, plus any packages ordered.
- For a stay of three nights or longer, the deposit is equal to half the entire room charges, including taxes, plus any packages ordered.
- The Kalamazoo House is an intimate property where every guest reservationis both important and special to us. Your reservation means that we have committed to have your room available for you upon your arrival.
- If your travel plans change and you must cancel your reservation, please call us at least 7 (seven) days prior to your arrival date to let us know. Your deposit will be refunded, less a $25.00 reservation fee.
- In the unlikely event that you must cancel with less than 7 (seven) days notice, shorten your stay or check out early, please understand that we must ask you to take responsibility for your entire reservation. For cancellations with less than 7 days notice, we will refund any room nights that we are able to re-book, minus the $25 reservation fee.
- Note: Three or more rooms, and whole-house bookings, are subject to 30 day cancellation policy and a 50% deposit at time of reservation.
- Check-in time must be scheduled between 4 PM - 7 PM Eastern Time (or later by advance arrangement with the innkeepers). We do ask you to let us know what time to look for you, and if you find that your expected arrival time changes, please give us a call at 269-382-0880.
- For travelers coming from Chicago or other points west, please remember when making your plans that Michigan is on Eastern time---an hour later!
- For check-ins later than 7pm, we can provide detailed instructions for a self check-in so that you don't have to hurry or worry about traffic.
- We ask that you vacate by 11:00 am.
- Late check-outs are difficult for us, as we need the time to ready the room for the next guest, but can sometimes be arranged for an additional fee.
- Absolutely no smoking is allowed inside the building. We will assess a $250 cleaning fee if you have smoked inside.
- Smoking of cigarettes and cigars is permitted on the porches as long as it doesn't bother other guests. Please use the receptacles provided.
NUMBER OF GUESTS PER ROOM
- Our rooms accommodate one or two persons, and the rate is the same whether single or double occupancy.
- In the rare instance that a third person can be accommodated, the person must be registered with advance permission by the innkeepers, and an additional $25/night fee will be added to the room rate.
- Please remember, children are "persons"!
- Our inn is most suitable for adult guests.
- Childen 12 and older are happily welcomed in the room with their parent with advance notice and subject to our policies regarding the number of guests per room (see above).
- Special situations allow for younger children (for example, a whole-house booking). Please call to inquire about making arrangements.
- As animal lovers ourselves, we wish we could accommodate your pets, but unfortunately we cannot.
- Please call for help in making arrangements to board your pet, if necessary.
RATES and TAXES
- Rates/policies are subject to change and vary during high impact periods and special requests.
- Posted rates do not include 6% state sales tax and 5% accommodations tax, or $1 per room night ML2L room assessment.