Please read and understand our policies.
- Upon receipt of your reservation, we will charge a deposit to your credit card.
- For a one or two night stay, the deposit is equivalent to one night's rate plus taxes.
- For a stay of three nights or longer, the deposit is equal to half the entire booking, including taxes.
- The Kalamazoo House is an intimate property where every guest reservation is important and special to us. Your reservation means that we have committed to have your room available for you upon your arrival.
- If your travel plans change and you must cancel your reservation, please call us at least 7 (seven) days prior to your arrival date to let us know. Your deposit will be refunded, less a $25.00 reservation fee.
- In the unlikely event that you must cancel with less than 7 (seven) days notice, shorten your stay or check out early, please understand that we must ask you to take responsibility for your entire reservation. For cancellations with less than 7 days notice, we will refund any room nights that we are able to re-book, minus the $25 reservation fee.
- Note: Three or more rooms, and whole-house bookings, are subject to at least a 30 day cancellation policy and 50% deposit at time of reservation.
- Check-in time must be scheduled between 4:00 PM - 7:00 PM Eastern Time (or later by advance arrangement with the innkeepers). We do ask you to let us know what time to look for you, and if you find that your expected arrival time changes, please give us a call at 269-382-0880.
- For travelers coming from Chicago or other points west, please remember when making your plans that Michigan is on Eastern time---an hour later!
- We ask that you vacate by 11 a.m.
- Late check-outs are difficult for us, as we need the time to ready the room for the next guest.
SMOKING & CANDLES
- Absolutely no smoking is allowed inside the building. We will assess a $250 cleaning fee if you have smoked inside.
- Smoking of cigarettes and cigars is permitted on the porches as long as it doesn't bother other guests. Please use the receptacles provided.
- We cannot allow the burning of candles, or open flames of any kind. Please let us know if you would like electric-flame candles in your room.
NUMBER OF GUESTS PER ROOM
- Our rooms accommodate one or two persons, and the rate is the same whether single or double occupancy.
- In the rare instance that a third person can be accommodated, the person must be registered with advance permission by the innkeepers, and an additional $25/night fee will be added to the room rate.
- Please remember, children are "persons"!
- Our inn is most suitable for adult guests.
- Childen 12 and older are happily welcomed in the room with their parent with advance notice and subject to our policies regarding the number of guests per room (see above).
- Special situations allow for younger children (for example, a whole-house booking). Please call to inquire about making arrangements.
- As animal lovers ourselves, we wish we could accommodate your pets, but unfortunately we cannot.
RATES and TAXES
- Rates/policies are subject to change and vary during high impact periods and special requests.
- Posted rates do not include 6% state sales tax and 5% accommodations tax, or $1 per room night ML2L room assessment.
MINIMUM NIGHT STAY REQUIREMENTS
- We require a 2-night minimum stay for most weekends. Reservations may be for Thursday-Friday, Friday-Saturday, or Saturday-Sunday to qualify for the 2-night minimum. Holiday weekends and some special events require longer minimum-night stays.
- Occasionally there is an open single night between two other reservations, allowing us to confirm a 1-night stay when a minimum-night stay is showing on the calendar. Also, if we have availability a day or two before the weekend, a 1-night stay can sometimes be confirmed. Please call to inquire: 269-382-0880.