Kayak Adventure for Two
Relax and Have Fun. We've got you covered.
1. Be chauffeured with kayaks to launch upstream, after a hearty breakfast. Kayak downstream into the city.
2. Land at Arcadia Brewing in downtown Kalamazoo.
3. Enjoy a brew and/or amazing food by the river, perhaps play a game or two in the yard. ($25 gift card included)
4. Hang out at Arcadia and be happy; hit some shops on the stroll back to the inn; or wander to more great local breweries.
$225 per couple
You are effortlessly chauffeured from the inn to a getaway like no other. It just you two. Two kayaks. A delightful river paddle from the small town of Comstock, to the urban center of Kalamazoo. It's a quiet, enjoyable time alone on a beautiful river ride, with a destination that's as fun as the journey: Arcadia Ales brewery.
There's no stress of renting or transporting kayaks, and more importantly no need to shuffle cars to the end of the float, or load things up when you're done and having fun. It's a paddle of just under four miles. Take one hour or three. It's your day, and your choice. There is no pickup appointment to fuss over. Just pull up to the landing at Arcadia Ales in the heart of downtown, lock the boats to a tree with our cable, and forget them; we'll get them later. Your job is to go enjoy some outstanding brews and food by the river at Arcadia Ales. Stay a while, walk directly back to the inn (under a half-hour stroll through city), or better yet stop to sample other breweries, shop, or see the sights ... it's your afternoon!
The paddle from Comstock is about 3.5 miles. Depending on conditions and current, that's probably about 1:20 on average if you stay on task, though most people chat, take breaks, explore side streams, or find a perfect eddy in which to soak up the sun and relax. But if you want to add some lake paddling, about 2.5 additional miles, plus a portage around a dam (required), for the same rate we are happy to drop you further upstream in Morrow Lake.
- Two kayaks for your day (one-person boats)
- Paddles and life vests
- Waters and light snacks for the trip
- Transportation of you and the boats to the launch area upstream (for relaxing downstream float/paddle)
- $25 gift certificate at Arcadia Ales'
Fine Print and Requirements:
- One-night stay (minimum) at The Kalamazoo House is required
- Currently limited to two kayaks (two people), but let us know if you're looking for more though (if we hear enough interest we're considering a tandem cruiser option from InflatableKayaker.com; check them out and tell us what you think).
- Add the Kayak experience to your shopping cart during check-out (or give us a call)
- Receive a confirmation back from us that the date is available (if not we will remove the package of course)
- Return transporation not included (or necessary: Arcadia is about :15 min walk back to inn)
- Must be 21 years of age