At the Kalamazoo House B&B, we've gone to great lengths to make your stay as comfortable as possible. We know what we prefer when we travel--whether we're staying in a hotel or a B&B--and we strive to provide all the elements that will make you feel at home while you're visiting here.
No doilies....no stuffiness....no curfews....just all the creature comforts that will let you truly relax. And they're all included in the price of your room! So whether you're planning a romantic getaway, a business trip, or a vacation, you'll know you've chosen "a better way to stay."
--Laurel & Terry Parrott, your hosts
Kalamazoo House B&B takes care of details
We've tried to think of everything you'll need or wish for. We want you to simply come in and unpack and relax, rather than worrying about the little things. Leave the details to us! So that you'll know what to expect, and so that you'll know what to pack, we've compiled these lists of the amenities and services you can expect in your guestroom and throughout the house:
- Comfortable beds, luxury linens, and fresh flowers to welcome you
- A private ensuite bathroom (some with one- or two-person jetted tubs!)
- Soft microfiber/terry robes
- Many rooms have electric fireplaces for cozy warmth and romantic ambiance
- Flat-screen expanded-cable HDTV in every room
- DVD with movies you can borrow from our extensive DVD collecttion
- All bathrooms provide hair dryer, liquid and bar soap, shampoo, lotion, and make-up remover wipes
- Free high-speed wireless internet throughout the house
- Extra outlets so you can recharge your essential electronics
- A thermostat in every room, giving you control of your room's heating or A/C
- Comfortable seating and convenient lighting
- Ample clothes storage (both drawers & hanging) and luggage racks
- Thick plaster walls dampen noise and let you sleep in peace
- Most rooms have desks
- Wired in-room phone available upon request for outgoing local calls
- A rechargeable flashlight in each bedroom, and a nightlight in each bathroom
- You'll get a key for your room and a private code to the entry door so you can come and go on your own schedule -- absolutely no curfews!
Complimentary breakfast and snacks
Guests of the Kalamazoo House B&B enjoy complimentary breakfast and snacks throughout the day. Specifically, you'll be treated to:
- A delicious multi-course, cooked-to-order breakfast served daily at the time of your convenience
- A bedtime snack of cookies and milk
- A 24-hour self-help beverage station with water, soft drinks, tea, coffee and hot cocoa
- And when you're looking for a meal or refreshment other than breakfast, downtown Kalamazoo's many fine restaurants, beer pubs, wine bars and nightspots are within a matter of blocks. We keep copies of menus for you to look at, or check the links on our Local Area map to help you plan your visit.
Victorian elegance meets modern convenience in the inn
- Elegant parlor area with comfortable seating, a marble-topped bar, and electric fireplace
- Enjoy the HDTV with DVD in the parlor from comfortable recliners in front of the fireplace
- Many cozy areas suitable for reading the paper, enjoying a cup of tea or relaxing with friends
- Exquisitely-decorated breakfast room has the home's fabulous original chandelier, big bay windows, and a cheery gas fireplace
- Front and side porches are perfect for people-watching, enjoying our garden, or just relaxing
- Free high-speed WiFi available throughout the public areas and porches as well as guestrooms
- Need to print boarding passes or other small print jobs? Use our printer.
- Free parking either in our private lot directly behind the house, or in a neighboring lot.
- We provide indoor bike storage for our bicycling friends.